UPCOMING GIGS: Private Charity Gig, London, 31st March 2011

Friday 24 September 2010

Swollen glands! :(

I woke up today with swollen glands! Not a happy bunny, but oh well I must press on - no rest for the wicked! Tiffany, one of my interns has set up a meeting with a photographer she knows, his name is Julian. We also have interviews with two make-up artists, Sarah and Sue. (Sarah is going to be doing make-up on VV brown soon!). Before I head out, I post up an add on gumtree for a guitarist - looking to complete my band of very talented and funny musicians. Its about 1p.m.- time to leave, barely catching my train! So I rock up to the Southbank, on time for once and meet Juls, who seems pretty quirky and cool. Then Tiffany gets a call form one of the make-up artists saying she is upstairs. Tiff heads upstairs to pick her up but comes back downstairs with TWO girls. Not what we planned, a mix up with the timings I guess. So now we have to awkwardly interview both of them at the same time. (Not a situation I want to be in again!) Anyways, they both end up showing their expertise on my face - fun times - I'm feeling fairly glamourous. All in all, both girls seem really cool and great at what they do. I head home after the meeting exhausted! It's crazy how much hard work it is being a model, hehe. But seriously all I want to do is sleep and I have a long list of things to do with new emails coming in! Matt, my manager wants me to try and get some gigs during the black history month. He's sent a ton of websites and asks me to make calls. I begin this insane task over a hot cup of lemon and honey. Insane because,1) I am ill and 2) black history month is NEXT MONTH. We are definitely behind in this, but you never know, something might come out of it, so I begin. By 10.30 p.m. my throat is still hurting and I'm praying I'll be well for the gig on Saturday. Hopefully I'll awake tomorrow with no swollen glands...

No comments:

Post a Comment